Rediscover the joys of reading with the award-winning ClearReader Basic, combining fast text-to-speech, a choice of high quality naturally sounding voices, and all in an attractive portable design.
Simply plug-in, switch-on, scan your printed reading material and start listening in an instant.
Designed for everyday living
Imagine being able to listen to any kind of printed material within a matter of seconds, and all at the press of a button. With the ClearReader Basic accessing printed documents such as magazines, newspapers, books or a letter from a friend has never been easier.
Use anytime around the house or work.
The ClearReader Basic offers all the benefits of the ClearReader without the facility of on-board rechargeable batteries.
Using the convenient in-built handle, the ClearReader Basic can be used around the home, on holiday, at school or at work, making it ideal for reading a recipe in the kitchen, a book in the library, today's newspaper in your favourite chair or reviewing bills at a table.
The ClearReader Basic is easily adjusted to playback at a more comfortable reading speed and volume. You can even connect a separate set of headphones and listen discretely.
ClearReader Basic key benefits:
- Click and begin listening in a few seconds
- Intuitive operation - simple adjustment controls for play, pause, forward, back, reading speed and voice selection
- Compact, portable and easy to carry with a built-in carrying handle
- Built-in high quality stereo sound speakers
- Integrated object lighting for reading in places with poor external lighting
- High quality text recognition - select up to 4 voices including UK-English voices (Daniel and Serena) and an Indian-English voice (Sangeeta)
- Headphone connector - connect a headset and listen discretely
- Use from mains power only (unlike ClearReader+ so it is lighter)
- Automatically recognises columns
Expand the functionality of the ClearReader+ and ClearReader Basic by connecting an optional Feature Pack.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.